[PD] rradical paths problem

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Dec 18 19:01:28 CET 2004

On Dec 10, 2004, at 3:52 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Brad Kligerman hat gesagt: // Brad Kligerman wrote:
>
>> I searched in the archives some more and followed these indications>>
>>
>> -path
>> /rradical/memento:/rradical/control:/rradical/tpl:/rradical/
>> instruments:
>> /rradical/effects
>>
>> from the post RRADical in CVS.
>>
>> I added this into my paths and it seemed to work for me...
>> I can open all the tutorials, and some of Chun Lee's patches
>> <http://www.sonicvariable.com/software.html> that use rradical
>> (without too
>> many errors, anyway).
>> The rradical project seems great, but I think the instructions need
>> to be
>> clearer for it to have an effect on how we use pd.
>
> Yes, sorry about this. I am thinking, if it might be better to just
> move all rradical patches (except Memento) into a single directory?
> This would make it easier to install this stuff, but OTOH it will make
> it more difficult to get an overview about what of the rradicals are
> effects, which are instruments or which are intended as control
> objects. It would be easier if Pd would allow to specify something
> like: "-path /path/to/rrad/*"

I think that the RRADical objects should go directly into "../extra",
then there won't be all of these path problems.  Then for the overview,
an all_about_rradical.pd patch could have everything outlined.  Then in
every RRADical help file, there would be a link to
all_about_rradical.pd.  This is the approach that the PDDP stuff uses
and is what I did with my [hid] project.  I think it works really well.

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."

     - Amy Smith