[PD] pda

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Tue Dec 21 14:40:53 CET 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, martin pichlmair wrote:
> if he wants to stay cheap (and bulky) you best tell him/her to get a
> used 3660 from ebay and have the battery exchanged. should be around
> $200. if he/she has money the zaurus is the way to go, isn't it,
> guenter.

Well, I don't know. I bought a zaurus, its great for several things but
it has its drawbacks.
The PDA I most liked was the cheap b/w ipaq 3115, mainly because of
the livetime of its battery.

Otherwise, there are two things that you have to look for.
The distribution (take one that is supported by familiar for example).
The soundcard. Make sure that you have full duplex (my zaurus has a
problem with that, don't know why yet).
A 400 MHz XScale processor might be good to have, although PDa is
not yet using all of its advantages.
If you find a PDa with a line in or mic in, tell me, that is
something I haven't seen yet.

I had good experiences with old 3660 iPaqs. I can't afford any new
gear currently, so thats all that I know more or less.

Should definitely collect this information somewhere, but building
web pages is not my strong side, and I always find more interesting
things to do..

Guenter