[PD] gem live-video input

slimboyfatboyslim slimboyfatboyslim at slimboyfatboyslim.org
Wed Dec 22 17:45:30 CET 2004

hi Sara,

sara kolster wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not familiar with Gem so much, but is there a way [on OSX] to have
> a live-camera-input in Gem?

of course, pix_video (either USB or FW will work)

> I would like to combine the Gem-graphics [mostly 1px-lines] and a
> live-input from a camera, preferably a firewire cam. Otherwise a
> usb-wecam could be an option as well. The Gem-2-pdp bridge isn't
> really an option, since this seems to be 'buggy' or too much for CPU.

you can generate your 1-px lines as 2d planes and mapped your live video
as texture.

If you would like to make use the 1-px lines (or any kind of Gem
graphics)  as alpha mask or some sort of maks,

I think there're ways to do that but the problem is I dunno how to do
that, is there anyone have any experience?