[PD] Gem pix-video [loop-option?]

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Dec 26 22:22:33 CET 2004

Zitiere james tittle <tigital at mac.com>:

> ...yeh, everything is "on" by default, if I remember correctly...so you
>
> may want to send a [loadbang]->[0] to anything you want off to
> start...we have discussed this a while ago, and I think we just decided
>
> to leave it as is...

well, the argument was that the toggle's should reflect the state of the objects
in the first place rather than the other way round (why should we change the
behaviour of an object to not do anything at all, just because it makes
help-patches a tiny bit more clean)
while adding a [loadbang] os one solution, i generally think that using the
"init" feature would make much cleaner patches (and they could be initialized to
1 which would make somehow more sense)

(or we could leave the toggles all together, as i think they are not really
essential in a help-patch: once you understand that each and every pix_-objects
understands a 1/0-message on the first inlet, ther eis no need to demonstrate
this again and again)

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes

happy everything