[PD] Gem CVS problem

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue Dec 28 08:01:48 CET 2004

> ...hmm, this means it\'s not finding the function definition in your
> OpenGL headers...looking at the code, it should be coming from
> \"Base/GemBase.h\", but it appears that if you aren\'t on __APPLE__, you
> have to also define -DINCLUDE_GLEXT in the the cpp flags...if that
> doesn\'t work, then either you need newer headers, or your system simply
> doesn\'t support programmable shaders yet...

I dont know. I have built gem on another fedora core machine and had only
one problem that I now automatically fix: I replace the -Wl,-shared with
-shared in src/Gnu/configure because -Wl,-shared doesnt do what it is
supposed to, and it does stop configure from passing my GL headders.

> ------- Additional Comments From jakub at redhat.com  2004-03-18 05:18 -------
> That is to be expected.  Never use -Wl,-shared, but -shared.
> With -Wl,-shared, you don\\\'t tell the gcc driver that you are trying
> to build a shared library, so it throws in crt objects for executable
> etc., but you tell the linker to create a shared library with that.
> With -shared, you tell the gcc driver that you are linking a shared
> library and it will take care of the details (putting in correct crt
> files, libraries etc. and of course also passing -shared to ld).

I modified the src/openGL makefile to include -DINCLUDE_GLEXT in the
C++ flags but I get a big no go.

c++ -c -g -g -O2 -D__NEW__ -fPIC -mmmx -DINCLUDE_GLEXT  -I../ -I/usr/local/include/FTGL/ -I/usr/include/freetype2/ -I/usr/local/include/  -fno-builtin -O3 -funroll-loops -ffast-math  GEMglBitmap.cpp -o GEMglBitmap.o
GEMglBindProgramARB.cpp: In member function `virtual void GEMglBindProgramARB::render(GemState*)\':
GEMglBindProgramARB.cpp:48: error: `glBindProgramARB\' undeclared (first use this function)
GEMglBindProgramARB.cpp:48: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [GEMglBindProgramARB.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/Gem/src/openGL\'
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/Gem/src/Gnu\'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Anything else I can try?
Thanks!
-thewade