[PD] Re: gentoo realtime-lsm for pd+jack realtime?

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 17:22:55 CET 2004

Hi there:

Finally got round to install realtime-lsm on my newly install gentoo
(kernel-2.6.9)

I got realtime-lsm form emerge and then added "realtime" to
/etc/moudles.autoload.d/kernel-2.6. Upon reboot, realtime starts ok but when
I try to start jack with realtime using qjackctl as normal user. I got a
error saying

Cannot load driver module alsa
Could not connect to JACK server as client

Does this mean that I need to have the alsa support compiled as modules for
the kernel like realtime-lsm instead of compile into kernel?

Many thanks

CHUN