[PD] Re: gentoo realtime-lsm for pd+jack realtime?

chun lee leechun at leechun.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 28 18:00:52 CET 2004

Hi derek:

Thanks for the reply;)

> First: yes, ALSA wants to be modules. Always. You can either compile the
> built-in ALSA as modules, or emerge the alsa-driver package.

Argh, I have ALSA compiled not as modules, I will compile it again and see
what happens. In this case, I will have to add to
/etc/moudles.autoload.d/kernel-2.6. "ALSA", right? I have installed
alsa-driver already and it works fine. Only if jack wants realtime as a user
that I get error.

> Second: you need to tell the realtime module who gets to use it. The
> line "modprobe realtime any=1" allows any user to gain realtime
> privileges, or you can specify a UID or GID [user/group ID]. Or add the
> "any=1", "GID=n" or "UID=n" to your /etc/moudles.autoload.d/kernel-2.6
I have done that already. I think my problem is that my ALSA is not as
modules.

> good luck,
Thanks, I will need it

Cheers