[PD] dynamic table length and envelope change

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Dec 30 10:14:45 CET 2004

Hallo,
pun chik hat gesagt: // pun chik wrote:

> hi list, i need your help . im trying to make a patch where i can change
> dynamically the length of a table and its content. For example if i have
> an envelope inside the table, i want that the envelope can adapts-fits
> to the table when i change its lenght . im stuck with this....  the
> patch has different behaivors depending of if i change the numbers fast
> or slow...
>
> CAn anybody help me with this???

Use triggers, use triggers, use triggers, use triggers, use triggers,
use triggers, use triggers, use more triggers!

There are several parts in your patch, where more than one cord comes
out of an object ("fanning"). This means, the order of the flow of
messages at that point is not specified, your patch's behaviour in
turn becomes random.

As this error comes up often here, at least once a monce, I just
repeat the solution some more times for google: Always use triggers.
Always use triggers.  Always use triggers.  Always use triggers.
Always use triggers.  Always use triggers.  Always use triggers.
Always use triggers.  Always use triggers.  Always!

Ciao

Don't forget about the tiggers!