[PD] [ot] portable harddisk recording device

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Dec 30 12:23:17 CET 2004

Hi Thomas,

on the more pro-audio side, have a look here:
http://www.trewaudio.com/downloads.htm
http://www.trewaudio.com/download/non%20linear%20comp%20chart.pdf

Entry-level stuff starts around EUR 1000, however.

OTOH, most of the consumer-grade outfits are somehow crippled in one way
or another, usually to do with digital rights mismanagement or other
concerns about "piracy". And the hardware isn't usually too good in
terms of AD converters or mike jacks. Some people have mentioned IRiver
or Archos jukeboxes, but I'm saving up for a real recorder, so I haven't
looked into them much.

good luck,