[PD] Re: [PD-dev] Re: prepend w/ set message - ignore

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Dec 30 16:40:43 CET 2004

hi miller, hi list ...

i came across this posting when searching my archive after benchmarking
the pd message system ...

> For prepend, at least, we could borrow an idea from Krzysztof and make
> a new "msg" object:
>
> msg prepend
> msg append
> msg car
> msg cdr
> msg any

i'd request another msg mode (maybe called msg msg or something
similar), that sends a fixed message on a bang.
means |msg msg test| == |test(

i suppose this will be a speedup for messaging ... in my benchmarks the
combination of |symbol test| and |unsymbol| was a lot faster that |test(

possibly the message_class code could be modified to improve the basic
message handling, but i'm not really familiar with that part of pd and
from what i saw, this it will require not only a few changes ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk