[PD] Re: [PD-dev] Re: prepend w/ set message - ignore

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Dec 30 21:53:06 CET 2004

> I'm guessing |msg prepend test| would send a |test( message when
> banged(but have to think carefully about the design of a good
> "prepend" functionality and look at the existing ones to figure out
> what to do there...)
iem_prepend does that ... cyclones' prepend prepends the argument to
"bang" (giving "test bang") ...
still one would have to convert the triggering message to a bang ...
something that will add some overhead ...

> I wonder, now, if the message box could be sped up by precompiling the
> contents somehow.  That would be fun for another day...
i thought about something like that, but i think the whole msg object
will have to be written ... it would be the cleanest solution, though...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk