[PD] PD WIKKI defaced [request for backups!]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 31 07:42:45 CET 2004

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, ix wrote:

> http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pd.iem.at/pdwiki/

Anyone knows a good command to mirror this? the "wget" program refuses to
mirror it because it ignores cgi arguments (after the "?") so it fails to
mirror almost any wiki, and I can't find a combination of switches to do
the job. Any other tool to suggest? Else someone can mirror it and zip it
and offer it to download, so that people can consult the wiki locally
while it's being reconstructed.

Besides, I hope that more robust software is used instead of the one that
we used. It can be a more recent version of the same software, as long as
the things that allow destruction of content are properly dealt with. I
say that because I believe that, if it was abused once, then it could very
well be abused several times, and especially, wiki abuses seem to be
sharply on the rise these days. If security measures are not being taken
now, then the wiki will have to be reinstalled several times, and that's
not fun, especially for people who wrote/updated articles between a backup
and a defacing...

I hope I'm not repeating someone else's wishes... I didn't follow the
discussion until now.