[PD] adding new objects while audio is on

abel.jerome at free.fr abel.jerome at free.fr
Fri Dec 31 19:00:18 CET 2004

after some tests, I think in Pd, the first "clicks maker" is certainly the
graphical system.

But I think too it depends of your computer performance.

with this patch :
http://impala.utopia.free.fr/pd/patchs/test_limitations_pd.pd

after 10 [osc~] added, it makes clicks when I move > 10 [osc~]
after 60 [osc~] added, it makes clicks when I delete/create > 10 [osc~]
after 252 [osc~] added, it makes sometimes clicks when I delete/create just one
[osc~]

Certainly audio connections are fragiles, and connect/disconnect audio objects
is a origin of clicks too.

jerome
http://impala-utopia.org