[PD] realtime-lsm, jackd and PD - no connect segfault

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sat Jan 1 03:37:48 CET 2005

Hello,

Ive been asking this on the LAU list but perhaps you might know...
I have just built the 2.6.10 kernel with the realtime-lsm module,
and I am having some problems.

Jackd starts as myself (non-root) just fine and I am getting 64
frame buffer times with my hammerfall multiface with no trouble
(yay, same as root on my old kernel!), but when I run jackd
as non-root and pd-0.38-0test10 as non-root pd seg-faults. When
Jackd is non-root and pd is root pd will not connect to jackd.

Here is my .pdrc:
-jack
-rt
-path /usr/local/lib/pd/externs
-path /home/thewade/pd/general
-path /home/thewade/pd
-lib zexy
-lib Gem
-mididev 1,2,3
-r 48000
-sounddev 3
-blocksize 1024
-channels 18
-audiobuf 8

and here is what I configured pd with:
./configure --enable-alsa --enable-jack --enable-setuid

(I havent gotten Gem built actually, and there are still wav
file problems and table problems with PD on my AMD64)

Thanks for the help!
-thewade