[PD] webcam or firewire cam solution ??

Alexandre Castonguay acastonguay at artengine.ca
Sun Jan 2 18:08:42 CET 2005

Hi all,

The creative nx _does_ work on linux, the developers also have a channel on
freenode if the following is not enough.

All the best for the new year,

Alexandre

1. get the sources from cvs, follow the instructions here :
http://zc0302.sourceforge.net/zc0302.php?page=download

2. edit zc301x_main.c with the following height and width (288 352)

do 'make' (you will need the kernel sources)

3. script to be created :

!/bin/bash

rmmod /home/zc030x
mknod /dev/video0 c 81 0
modprobe videodev
insmod /home/zc030x/zc030x.ko
chown $1.users /dev/video0

to start camera type ./camera your_user_name

in
zc030x_main.c
change height to 352
change width to 288