[PD] webcam or firewire cam solution ??

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jan 2 18:28:36 CET 2005

Hallo,
Alexandre Castonguay hat gesagt: // Alexandre Castonguay wrote:

> The creative nx _does_ work on linux, the developers also have a channel on
> freenode if the following is not enough.

I think, the Creative cam comes with different chipsets. Even if it
doesn't, at least some other cams do so, so it's always a bit risky to
buy a cam based on brand name alone. I think, Tom recommends the older
Philips models, which have some special capabilities when used in PDP.
But newer Philips cam don't use the PVC chips anymore. Ah, well,
buying a webcam is no fun...

I still couldn't get the Eyetoy to work with PDP/Gem, too.

Ciao