[PD] Compiling SCAF for PDP

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Mon Jan 3 01:26:06 CET 2005

I'm trying to build SCAF from today's CVS. After some fiddling with the
SCAF Makefile.config I set all the flags like this:

# define the include paths here if configure can't find them
PDP_CFLAGS=-I/home/ian/src/pure-data/externals/pdp/include
PD_CFLAGS=-I/home/ian/src/pure-data/pd/src

prefix=/home/ian/pd
PDP_CA_INCLUDE = -I/home/ian/src/pure-data/externals/pdp/scaf/include
PDP_CA_LIBS = -I/home/ian/src/pure-data/externals/pdp/scaf/pdp
DEFAULT_RULES_LIB =
/home/ian/src/pure-data/externals/pdp/scaf/rules/carules.scaf
PDP_CA_AFLAGS  =

which made it work more than it did with the default settings (which
were something like /home/knoppix/PD/blablabla, which has nothing to do
with my system). But it still gave this error:

cc -DPD -O2 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer  -ffast-math -Wall -W
-Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -g
-I/home/ian/src/pure-data/externals/pdp/include
-I/home/ian/src/pure-data/pd/src
-DPDP_CA_RULES_LIB=\"/home/ian/src/pure-data/externals/pdp/scaf/rules/carules.scaf\"
-I/home/ian/src/pure-data/externals/pdp/scaf/include  -o pdp_ca.o -c
pdp_ca.c
pdp_ca.c: In function `pdp_ca_sendpacket':
pdp_ca.c:377: warning: implicit declaration of function `outlet_pdp'
pdp_ca.c: In function `pdp_ca_newca':
pdp_ca.c:680: warning: implicit declaration of function `pdp_packet_new'
make[1]: *** [pdp_ca.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ian/src/pure-data/externals/pdp/scaf/pdp'
make: *** [pdp_scaf_all] Error 2

so I removed the -Werror from the Makefile.config and it compiled. I
then make install(ed) and tried to load the library, which yielded this
on Pd startup:

/home/ian/pd/lib/pd/externs/pdp_scaf.pd_linux:
/home/ian/pd/lib/pd/externs/pdp_scaf.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
pdp_type_isvalid_image
pdp_scaf: can't load library

Is this package even being maintained any more? Is there a replacement?
Is there a way to get it to work? The only thing I was unsure of was the
  DEFAULT_RULES_LIB flag, since I couldn't find a default.scafo file, I
just put in the only .scaf file I could find in the directory. Any tips
will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian