prepend alternative (was: [PD] Rradical [originator] with no [prepend] solution....)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 3 04:30:42 CET 2005

hi

> > I did a quick work around using [pack],[symbol] and [route], which
seems to
> > work so far and it eliminates the [prepend] dependency. Please see
the
> > attached patch.
>
> This only works for (re)storing single floats, it does not work for
> storing symbols and it cannot work for storing lists of unknown
> length, which is the main reason I need to use prepends there.
>
> Ciao
> --
>  Frank Barknecht                               _ ______footils.org__

i made an prepend_alternative-abstraction, because i don't want to use a
whole library only for one object (for a project with different pd-users
i'd like to keep the number of involved libs as low as possible).
i don't know to which [prepend] it refers. the first argument (symbol or
float) of the abs is prepend to the incoming msg. there's also an inlet
to set what to prepend (symbol or float).

chun lee:
maybe it helps you out of your [prepend]-nameclash-confusion.

for me, it behaves like i would expect it from a [prepend]-obj (it's not
nice code, but i think it works)

it needs some zexy-objs: glue, a2l, lister.(i hope everyone uses zexy)

#N canvas 1101 203 240 451 10;
#X obj 23 23 inlet;
#X obj 23 348 outlet;
#X obj 23 297 glue;