prepend alternative (was: [PD] Rradical [originator] with no [prepend] solution....)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jan 3 10:20:48 CET 2005

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> i made an prepend_alternative-abstraction, because i don't want to
> use a whole library only for one object (for a project with
> different pd-users i'd like to keep the number of involved libs as
> low as possible).

If you just build the externals from CVS using the "build" system
installed there, you get the "right" prepend as a single external. No
need for libraries at all then, just the standard CVS externals.
Iemlib-prepend is build as iem_prepend.pd_linx(dll...) there.

In my experience: If Pd crashes, when someone is trying to use
Memento/RRADical, then that someone has some old ggee prepend
installed. If Memento doesn't work as expected, then he is using
iemlib as a locally installed library instead of the CVS version of
iemlib so that iem_prepend "overwrites" the CVS prepend.

Ciao