[PD] setuid root problem: "failed to map segment from shared object: Resource temporarily unavailable"

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jan 3 17:39:44 CET 2005

Hallo,
derek holzer hat gesagt: // derek holzer wrote:

> So, to cut to the chase...after doing this:
>
> chown root /usr/local/bin/pd
> chmod u+s /usr/local/bin/pd
>
> and running pd -rt, I get some problems loading externals:
>
> priority 8 scheduling enabled.
> memory locking enabled.
> priority 6 scheduling enabled.
> memory locking enabled.
> zexy: can't load library
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/iemlib1.pd_linux:
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/iemlib1.pd_linux: failed to map segment from
> shared object: Resource temporarily unavailable
> iemlib1: can't load library

If it helps: I get the same errors with kernel 2.6.9 (still). It might
have something to do with some change in the handling of setuid
applications, which also force me to run cdrecord as root, not as
suid-binary and as normal user.

Strange thing: Other software does run setuid, e.g. cdrdao or
growisofs.

Ciao