[PD] controlling stuff with tables

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Jan 3 20:52:55 CET 2005

andy graybeal wrote:
> is there a way to make this envelope shorter ... i can hear the loops
> fading in and fading out, it would be neat if they only had something
> like a ms crossfade in stead of a few seconds, i don't know if this
> would cause clicks. but it seems like crossfades around 30ms are okay.
> i'm a beginner sort of, and i happened to be gawking at the [-~
> 0.5]--[*~ 0.5]--[cos~] just now.. thinking that it was the culprit of
> why my samples where fading in and fading out...

Have a look at [line~] and [vline~]. Then you will need to know how many
milliseconds long your table is being played back at, which of course
you can get from dividing the total number of samples (sent out the
bottom of tabread~, etc) by sampling rate/1000 (i.e. 44.1, 48, 96, etc)
. With those numbers, you can schedual a [vline~] to make an envelope
with a more trapezoidal shape.

Or use two [line~] objects seperated by a [delay]. The total time of the
first ramp (up), the delay and the second ramp (down) should be the
envelope length.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl