[PD] Some music created with puredata

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jan 4 12:09:25 CET 2005

Hallo,
Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:
> Heheh. Will release my patches publically some day - right now they're
> too integrated into my specific set up. I also want to make them more
> rradical/add some statefulness in there. Must solve real life
> dependencies first.
>
> Chris.
>
> PS my patches look like this:
>
> http://mccormick.cx/screenshots/Monday_Jul_05_2004_11:44.jpg
>
> my philosophy is sort opposite to your "only one border crossing". My
> GOP patches are total sluts and share all information via $1-named
> receives.
> This means that [s-moogfilter~ drumf] can receive cutoff value by
> [s-ucctl 9 drumf-cutoff] (assigns knob 9 to drumf cutoff).

I decided against this philosophy, because the rradical patches are
intended as "libraries", too, so I want them to be as non-intrusive
into peoples existing patches as possible. However there still are
some kind of global sends, too, by using the OSC-formatted messages.

I used this extensively in my UC33-enabled performance here:
http://footils.org/cms/show/36

There also is a screenshot, but normally only the main window is
visible ("beatbox.pd"), all other patches are hidden to prevent
trouble with the graphical updates, data structures and GUI elements
create. That's a good tip, btw: If someone has trouble with graph
updates leading to clicks, try hiding things into [pd subpatches].

As I try to not look at the screen much or at all when performing,
graph updates aren't much of a problem for me, but they are there with
RRADical/GOP patches in general.

Ciao