[PD] xorg + gem

martin pichlmair pi at attacksyour.net
Wed Jan 5 10:26:42 CET 2005

hi august,

answer this one private: how are you? i hope well.

> it has to do with Nvidia's openGL implimentation.   I forget now
> exactly
> what I had to copy (can't get to my machine with the Gentoo/Nvidia
> combo until thursday)....but there are two versions of the openGL
> libraries installed, and you need to take one and copy it over the
> other.
> after that, all is fine.

sounds convincing. what you mean is to issue the "opengl-update nvidia"
command. i could swear i did so, yet it might still be that i did it
while in X and then the wrong lib would've been already in use - or
even the command might have failed silently. i will have a look at the
libGL myself.

rebooting did not solve anything. i would be glad if you have a look
(into bash_history :) on thursday.

the strange thing is that e.g. glxgears works - only gem fails. i've
got no other opengl app installed.

> sorry that that's not too much help.  it should work ok, though.

now that last sentence _is_ much help because it gives confidence.

one more question: did you activate DRI in the kernel (i use 2.6.9)?
gentoo docs say "no" while nvidia docs (used to) say "yes".

lg
martin