[PD] looking for an ADSR external

matthew jones mj at isvr.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 16:32:43 CET 2005

well I'm no expert on this, I think vline~ is able to generate ramps who's
start and end times can be sub-sample accurate.  This I think, is quite
similar to the iemlib [t3_line~]...

It also has the added functionality of sending 'delayed' messages, ie. tell
it to start ramping a second after it receives the message.  Therefore it
allows you to queue up lots of ramp commands, so you do not have to use many
'sub-sample accurate' [delay] blocks sending messages to the [vline~] in
order to use its accuracy functionality.

BTW: I'd second Tim's suggestion that a table lookup is a much better way of
computing the log~/exp~ functions.  In fact, I _think_ this is how Miller
has chosen to compute the [mtof~] and [ftom~] functions (which are also
logarithmic/exponential functions) when dealing with signals, shown in
several of his examples... On loadbang, calculate and fill a high precision
array with the precomputed [log] and [exp] functions for the range of values
required (these can then use the control blocks for calculation, instead of
audio!).  Then just read and optionally interpolate the values (like feeding
the [vline~] into a [tabread4~]).

Hope this is, well, at least semi-accurate and of some help.
Regards,

Matt

http://www.loopit.org