[PD] [ot] portable harddisk recording device

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Jan 5 19:37:51 CET 2005

hi

if you buy a hi-MD-recorder, please let us know about the capabilities
of it. i'm using a MD-recorder since years too, and it would be nice to
keep using this media for me, because i have a lot of recorded stuff on
md and i think the line/mic-inputs have good quality (compared to many
built-in soundcards or mp3-player-inputs). a very nice adavantage of the
Hi-MD-recorders is the usb-port, that (should) let you upload your
recorded stuff into computer (<-no one has been able yet to tell me
reliably WHAT you can upload to computer and WHAT NOT: analog recorded
stuff, digitally recorded stuff, files ported per usb, soundfiles from
your old mds .....?????).
sony is one of my most hated companies because of their way to push
their own standards. so i'm in a conflict. nevertheless i came to the
conclusion that this Hi-MD-recorders would be a nice solution and i'm
thinking about buying one.
if anyone has already experience with it, please let me know.

thanks

roman