[PD] pd pushing cpu on fast laptop, while running clean on slower machine

andersvi at extern.uio.no andersvi at extern.uio.no
Fri Jan 7 11:59:54 CET 2005

Maybe its useful to mention the cpu-types.  The fast one - 2.8GHz
giving sluggish performance - is a Pentium 4.  The "slow" one
running at ~1.4GHz is an Athlon.

-anders

>>> "a" == andersvi  <andersvi at extern.uio.no> writes:

a> Using a section of several [vibraphone~] objects from the
a> percolate-lib, PD eats all my cpu, pushing it above 90%, and
a> destroying sound.  The machine is a Dell 5150, with 2.8GHz cpu.
a>
a> The same patch runs clean (stays around 20% cpu) on another
a> machine here, with slower cpu!  (somewhere around 1.4GHz)
a>
a> The computer giving me aches is a Dell laptop, inspiron 5150,
a> running fedora core 2, with planetccrma-low-latency kernel.