[PD] Fading out of buffers

Florian Grond grond at zkm.de
Fri Jan 7 20:27:08 CET 2005

Hi again and thanks for the two fading out tips.

I've tried both and they work fine, I' ve only experienced, that
sometimes the texture buffers seems to overlap, so I see parts of one
buffer in the other.
That should not be the problem, I think it depends on my graphic card.
But I would have a further question:
If one image is loaded it replaces the old one in the buffer. I would
like to have a series of images and if I load a new one it is always the
one with the biggest contrast in front of
hypothetically all the other images, that were already shown but are
faded out according to the time that has passed since they popped up.
I suppose that the number of texture buffers is limited (apart from the
annoying implementation of say 20 buffers that have to be cycled anyway)
Is there any kind of three texture buffer solution, combining in the
third the actual buffer with the old one defining it as the current old
buffer and than loading the new image?

Any piece of advice for a solution to that problem would be great.

Thanks a lot!

Florian