Incompatitble prepend changes [was: Re: [PD] cyclone dll and compiling troubles]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Jan 8 15:27:45 CET 2005

Hallo,
Krzysztof Czaja hat gesagt: // Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> in order to restore 'set' message to prepend and Append, run
> cyclone in max-compatibility mode:  load it as "-lib maxmode",
> instead of "-lib cyclone", or replace "cyclone" with "maxmode" in
> "File/Startup...".  The mode may be set by messages too.
>
> When compatibility mode is not "max", prepend would handle 'set'
> message like any other.  Instead, a prepend without creation
> arguments would get the second inlet -- accepting any message,
> which it stores as a new prefix.

I cannot build the latest archive, because common/lex.c seems to be
missing, but:

Do I understand this correctly, that prepend only accepts "set"
messages to change the argument, when I load Cyclone as a library and
do so as "maxmode"?

I somehow get the feeling that about a year of patches work is slowly
falling apart at the moment ... :(

May I suggest that "set" retains the old default behaviour, until we
have a "msg" object? Or maybe make [prepend with] argument accept
"set" messages as in the past, and [prepend] without arg get the
second inlet, but without the need to load libraries, so that it works
as single external prepend, too.

Ciao