[PD] constructing "data" - how do I see shapes?

David Marrs David.Marrs at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 8 17:01:40 CET 2005

Dear All,

I'm very excited by the "data" aspect of Pd and have been spending the
last week reading M.P's papers on the subject and trying to make my own
templates.  Despite my best efforts, however, I still can't work out how
to view the data I construct!

Using M.P's own example for a moment:

    [struct struct1 float x float y float h]

    [filledpolygon 999 0 2 0 0 20 h 40 0]

This should provide me with an image of a triangle with an adjustable
height, if I understand correctly, but where is it?!  If I load the help
abtractions on [drawpolygon] and [filledpolygon] new canvases appears
for them automatically with the relevant shapes drawn within, but I
can't work out how to make these canvases appear for me.

Can anyone help me on this?  I'm sure it's something irritatingly
straightforward that I've overlooked but I simply can't see it.

Thanks,

David