[PD] setuid root problem: "failed to map segment from shared object: Resource temporarily unavailable"

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Jan 9 12:41:25 CET 2005

> does anyone already have a solution for this?
> I find it strange that i get the error only for external libraries,
> not for single externals like bonk~.
/home/tim/pd/extra/bonk~.pd_linux: /home/tim/pd/extra/bonk~.pd_linux:
failed to map segment from shared object: Resource temporarily
unavailable bonk~
... couldn't create

also the soundfiler helper thread couldn't start ...

it was related to the memory locking... the fix (tweaking the hard
memory locking) is in cvs ... at least in devel ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk