[PD] Errors with AMD64 PD and tables/wave files fixed?

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Jan 10 20:13:35 CET 2005

Im just wondering if the known problems with table writing/reading and wav file access on AMD64 machines has been fixed in CVS yet? I am running pd-0.38-0test13 and I still have those problems.

Also I still cannot connect PD to jackd when jackd is running as myself (user). Could this have to do with file permissions? I am running out of things to try.

To recap:
Jackd on my 2.6.10 x86_64 with realtime module runs fine with -R as user (modprobe realtime gid=my gid) but pd throws a seg_fault immediately after initializing the PD window. Running pd from gdb stops pd from seg_faulting but doesnt allow pd to connect to jackd either. No backtrace and no pd->jackd.

The reason I am trying to get this realtime module thing to work instead of just running everything as root, is that about 20 min into using pd and jackd, jacks starts throwing xruns and I have to kill both and restart both. Then I just get a/d/a sync errors in pd and jackd runs fine.

Thanks all!
-thewade