[PD] pix_video metro

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 11 08:44:34 CET 2005

sara kolster wrote:
> Hi Iohannes,
>
>> this seems to be complicated...
>>
>> [pix_video] captures the input-stream of a capture-device; as
>> capturing is done in real-time you cannot speed [pix_video] up (at
>> least not in our space-time-continuum where we cannot travel into future)
>

> Would be nice sometimes ;)

yes, we are working har don this, but we are still at the stage of
designing the basic concepts.

> I will try this. Indeed I used pdp before and i'm on an osx-platform;
> that's why i was thinking of connecting a metro. So if I understand it
> correctly, you cannot change the speed of the different individual
> video-sources [when using separator 4 example] but only the render-speed
> of Gemwin, which means all the individual sources are affected. Is there
> then a way to 'delay' one source from the other when using separator?

well [pix_delay] delays a video-stream framewise.
[pix_buffer] is a table that holds images, so you can basically do
almost anything that is related to time-manipulation with it (assuming
you have enough memory)

> I have to compare some capturing-software to see if it is actually
> faster then pd/Gem. Will tell you the results if they are remarkable
> enough.

would be great.

mfg.a.dr
IOhannes