[PD] GEM configure problem

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Wed Jan 12 14:57:42 CET 2005

hello

it's funny, i had exactelly the same problem this morning....

the problem is that your computer does not like "(" and ")" insind a
sting : it's just a syntax error of the script.

the easiest solution I found was removing "($CXX)" in the string (line
2271).

I also had problem later with "can\'t".
i made a surch and replace for "can\'t to "can not" and everything work
fine.

just a question : do use ubuntu?
(it look like this distribution does not use a standard shell)

hope that help
Cyrille