[PD] flext compile errors / readanysf~

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed Jan 12 22:43:50 CET 2005

Hi,

> i'm trying to make a working readanysf~ external. it compiles and starts
> with flext 0.4.7 from debian/experimental, but crashes Pd when sending a
> stop message.
>
> when using an the november 2003 version from debian, i get the error:
>
> /opt/download/readanysf~0.13/src/readanysf~.pd_linux:
> /usr/local/lib/libflext.so: undefined symbol: garray_updatetime
>   readanysf~
> ... couldn't create

this means that your pd header files don't match the version of libflext.so
you are linking against.
Try recompiling flext with your actual pd version.

> building of the 0.4.5 doesn't work, too
>
> oli1:/opt/installed/flext# sh build-pd-linux.sh
> g++ -c -O2  -DFLEXT_SYS=2  -I/opt/cvs/pd/src -I./source
> source/flbase.cpp -o pd-linux/flbase.ro
> In file included from source/flbase.cpp:27:
> /opt/cvs/pd/src/g_canvas.h:549: error: parse error before `template'
> make: *** [pd-linux/flbase.ro] Error 1
> oli1:/opt/installed/flext#

Older versions of pd have the problem that the header files use C++ keywords
that can't be handled properly while compiling C++ code.
Use a newer pd version.

good luck,
Thomas