[PD] flext compile errors / readanysf~

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 13 15:04:21 CET 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Thomas Grill wrote:

> Hmm, this of course brings us to another topic. I just realized that
> the version you are using is the HEAD revision of the PD cvs, while
> you should rather use the STABLE_0_38 branch. The HEAD revision is
> most likely and most of the time ahead of flext and me, although, now
> that i realized, i'll track the changes therein. Also, i commited a
> fix to the template keyword to this main branch, although i'm surely
> not supposed to do that - it's Miller's playground. I'm sorry, i won't
> do that again.

For the time that those releases will be used by people, if someone wants
to compile C++ externals with them, the workaround is rather simple:

#define template template_really
#include <whatever.h>
#undef template

it's a good tip to remember, as it doesn't only occur for Pd, but also for
various other C libraries once in a while. Also, here's another one that
may be useful from time to time:

extern "C" {
#include <whatever.h>
};

will resolve some linking problems between C code and C++ code, when the
header itself doesn't do it, and that the compiler can't guess it.