[PD] constructing "data" - how do I see shapes?

David Marrs David.Marrs at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 13 23:59:25 CET 2005

Frank Barknecht wrote:

>Hallo,
>David Marrs hat gesagt: // David Marrs wrote:

>>error: tut/: no such object
>>

>"tut" is a folder which gets created when you unpack the archive (you
>did do that, right? Do *not* open tut.tgz itself in Pd, unpack first.)
>
>You should start with "00-tut.pd" inside of it, then 01-tut.pd and so
>on.
>
>Ciao

I see now.  WinImp isn't up to the task of unzipping tgzs, it seems.  I
bit the bullet, downloaded Winzip instead and used that to get at the
archive.  Why tgz and bz2 files can't be recognised in Windows by
default, I don't know.  Anyway, I'm having a look through it now and
I'll have a real crack at it over the weekend.  Thanks for the info.
I'll let you know what my experiences are.  I'm quite looking forward to
seeing just how versatile this stuff can be. :)

David