[PD] PD license technicalities with regard to selling a project...

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Sat Jan 15 02:57:58 CET 2005

rodney wrote:

> would be possible to use Max instead of PD. How do Cycling74 handle that
> kind of re-sale stuff? They have playback only modules for max don't they?
> Do people sell Max projects in that form?
They have runtime version (which can be downloaded from their site) and
you can also export your patch as an executable file, which is actually
a runtime together with the patch. This is to sell your stuff and I saw
at least some shareware done with it, for instance a vstpluginplayer.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner
media art + development

Next events:
media art installation 22. januar at gallery ZurMoebelFabrik Berlin.
more at blog 4, also available as rss feed:
http://java.block4.com/blog4/