[PD] expr and expr(~) vs individual operators

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Sun Jan 16 20:01:14 CET 2005

"Roman Haefeli" <reduzierer at yahoo.de> writes:

> ciao
> i remember that someone from the list wrote that using [expr] or [expr~]
> consumes more cpu than doing the equivalent with 'conventional' objs.
> but i can't remember the reason and how much the difference is. maybe
> you'll find it by searching the archive.

I remember that a long time ago, on a Pentium 566Mhz I found that the
combination of [expr~] and regular pd operators was the most efficient
solution to complex equasions.  YMMV, but I think that only
experimentation will give the best results.  On my AthlonXP 2400 the
difference between the 2 approaches was negligible (in that
particular case).

./MiS