[PD] flext tutorial examples will not load

Yvan Vander Sanden yvan at youngmusic.org
Sun Jan 16 20:53:10 CET 2005

Hi,

i'm using pd on linux and would like to make some externals using flext. The
tutorial examples compile just fine, but they won't load in pd. I got the
following error:

/home/yvan/pd/tutorial1/simple1.pd_linux:
/home/yvan/pd/tutorial1/simple1.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
_ZN17flext_root_sharednwEj
 simple1
... couldn't create

I used the following syntax to compile this example:

g++ -DFLEXT_SYS=2 -I /usr/local/lib/pd/flext/ -shared -L
/usr/local/lib/pd/flext/flext.a main.cpp -o simple1.pd_linux

I also tried some extra options i found on the mailing list like

-DFLEXT_THREADS -DFLEXT_SHARED=1

but that won't work either. Are these faulty compiler instructions or does
anyone know what is wrong with this? I have also tried to recompile flext with

FLEXT_SHARED=1

at the bottom of the config file, like someone in the list archives mentioned,
but that does not make a difference.

Kind greetings,

yvan vander sanden

--