[PD] bonk~ threshold

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Tue Jan 18 21:54:16 CET 2005

Selon Jamie Bullock <jamie at postlude.co.uk>:

> Dear list,
>
> Does anyone know the units (and scale) for the threshold setting in
> bonk~? I can't seem to make sense of it...
>
> Jamie

Hello

I don't know if it helps, but here is a a mail exchange I had with Miller
Puckette about this subject (you can find it on the mailing list archive too I
think) :

Hmm, units...

"thresh" is in "growth" units, which is the sum of the proportional growth
in the 11 filter bands; proportional growth is essentially the logarithmic
time derivative.

"minvel" is in the units of the velocity output, which is the sum of the
square roots of the amplitudes of the bands, normalized so that 100 is an
attack of amplitude about one.

the whole thing is quite spooky I'm afraid.

cheers
Miller