[PD] storing lists in pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 19 15:39:35 CET 2005

Hallo,
 <f.bardet at voila.fr> hat gesagt: //  <f.bardet at voila.fr> wrote:

> I need to store a collection of list of floats, exactly as with the Max object "coll".
> As with the Max object "coll", I would need an index in order to read a chosen list in the future.
> Does this possibility exist within pd-world ?

There are various approaches. One is to use the coll external in the
CVS, which is probably, what you want to use if you are comfortable
with coll. Another is the pool external or Georg's containers or some
programming language external like pyext. A pure internal solution
could be to store indexes to tables somehow.

You'd need to know how many lists you want to store, and then create
tables like

  table 1-list
  table 2-list
  table 3-list

Then you can access them by

  floats

  [set $1-table(

  [tabread]

And read out tabread accordingly. Als textfile can be (ab)used in a
similar way.

You see, there's more than one way to do it.

Ciao