[PD] storing lists in pd

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed Jan 19 19:36:47 CET 2005

Selon "\" <f.bardet at voila.fr>" <f.bardet at voila.fr>:

> Hi list,
> I need to store a collection of list of floats, exactly as with the Max
> object "coll".
> As with the Max object "coll", I would need an index in order to read a
> chosen list in the future.
> Does this possibility exist within pd-world ?
> Thanks for your help.

Hello

Besides what Frank and Georg already mentionned, there are some other
solutions :

* [textfile] (directly in Pd)
* (zexy lib) [msgfile] : a kind of [textfile] with some additional features
* (zexy lib) [matrix] : each line can be thought as a list of floats (the
reading index you need would correspond to the row#)

I personnaly used [msgfile] and [matrix] with great satisfaction for storing
data presets ala [coll].