[PD] 2.6.10-Realtime-lsm pd-0.38-0 x86_64: jackd finally connects

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Jan 20 08:44:11 CET 2005

> I finally got pd to connect to jackd when both are
> started as user, and in conjunction with the
> realtime-lsm module running as modprobe realtime
> gid=xxx. All I did was compile pd-0.38-0 without
> the --enable-setuid flag!
would it be possible that you test devel_0_38?
it's possible that it's a problem with the memory locking... hard memory
locking only works correctly as root ...
i implemented a workaround to devel, solving another problem, but it
might be related to that ...
the stable branch isn't using the memory locking correctly, which may
result in a segfault ... this is a bad bug, which is easy to solve ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk