[PD] trying to make devel_0_38

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 20 11:56:01 CET 2005

Tim Blechmann wrote:
>>i've tried the devel 0.37 snapshot on sourceforge, as well as stable
>>0.38 from cvs, and they make just fine. i'd appreciate any hints on
>>what i may be doing wrong.
>
> please use the autoconf system:
> ./pd/bootstrap.sh
> ./pd/configure ...
> ./pd/make
> ./pd/make install

stupid me, but i cannot find a bootstrap.sh in my devel_0_38.
where do i have to look for it ?

> anyway, i also fixed the traditional build system ... in cvs ...

probably i just missed it (did the check out 10-15 min ago)

(oh i just see, makefile.in has been patched...)

anyhow, i manually added m_fifo.c to the makefile (e.g. line #46)
and now it works (which is the same as tim has done to the makefile.in)

-
but what is now the traditional build system vs. yours ??
i guess:
traditional: ./configure is supplied
non-trad   : use autoconf to generate configure

reading the only bit of documentation about this that i have found
(pd/INSTALL.txt) it rather says that i should use "autoconf" instead of
"./bootstrap"

mfg.acs.dr
IOhannes hoping for some clarification