[PD] trying to make devel_0_38

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Jan 20 12:13:13 CET 2005

> stupid me, but i cannot find a bootstrap.sh in my devel_0_38.
> where do i have to look for it ?
File: bootstrap.sh      Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.1.2.1
   Repository revision: 1.1.2.1
/cvsroot/pure-data/pd/Attic/bootstrap.sh,v   Sticky Tag:
devel_0_38 (branch: 1.1.2)   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

> but what is now the traditional build system vs. yours ??
> i guess:
> traditional: ./configure is supplied
> non-trad   : use autoconf to generate configure
the traditional build system is based on the ./configure script that's
included in stable_ and miller's releases and removed in devel_, since
it's rather a _binary_ than a _source_ ...
the new build system was my approach of autobuilding pd/externals. i
thought it would be a cleaner approach than the ./configure script /
external makefiles and more portable. (although no one ever ported it to
another platform than linux)

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783