[PD] cvs question

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 20 15:03:33 CET 2005

antonios wrote:
> hi all,
> I cant figure out how to get the devel branch out of cvs. I followed the
> instructions on sf.net cvs page , as modulename I used devel_0_38 (also
> 37 and 39) but it tells me that the module doesnt exist. Checking out pd
> or externals works fine.

devel_0_38 is not a module (read: directory), but a branch

> Also is there a way to determine what branches modules are on the pd (or
> any other ) cvs?

again, branches and modules are not the same
modules are a way to organize your code (aka: directories)
branches are a way to maintain different versions (or rather:
developments) of the same file

to get the branches available use:

cvs status -v

> regards