[PD] 2.6.10-Realtime-lsm pd-0.38-0 x86_64: jackd finally connects

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Fri Jan 21 04:10:18 CET 2005

>>> I finally got pd to connect to jackd when both are
>>> started as user, and in conjunction with the
>>> realtime-lsm module running as modprobe realtime
>>> gid=xxx. All I did was compile pd-0.38-0 without
>>> the --enable-setuid flag!
>
> would it be possible that you test devel_0_38?
> it\'s possible that it\'s a problem with the memory locking... hard memory
> locking only works correctly as root ...
> i implemented a workaround to devel, solving another problem, but it
> might be related to that ...
> the stable branch isn\'t using the memory locking correctly, which may
> result in a segfault ... this is a bad bug, which is easy to solve ...

I was using pd-0.38-0 from pd.iem.at\'s linked site.

So I downloaded pd from CVS and it works much better. I built it
without the --enable-setuid flag again and it works only givving me DIO
errors when I move my mouse outside of the active test audio window.
When ever I cross a window boundry.
What can I do to eliminate this behavior?

Thanks for the help!
-thewade