[PD] 2.6.10-Realtime-lsm pd-0.38-0 x86_64: jackd finally connects

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Fri Jan 21 16:29:58 CET 2005

>>> So I downloaded pd from CVS and it works much better. I built it
>>> without the --enable-setuid flag again and it works only givving me
>>> DIO errors when I move my mouse outside of the active test audio
>>> window. When ever I cross a window boundry.
>>> What can I do to eliminate this behavior?
>
> this is a simple latency problem ... i always get this behaviour if i
> use a jack period that\'s too small ...
> in 0.37 i had a similar problem ... this was solved by using yves\'s
> threaded gui patch ...
> miller improved the gui communication a lot, for 0.38, so it\'s not as
> bad as before ...
> what period size are you using?

I am using 64 frames (2.67 ms) with jackd and my hammerfall multiface.
When I run pd and jackd as root this latency works fine except after
10-20 min I get a whole host of xruns and have to restart both pd and
jackd. So it should work at this latency...

Is the threaded gui now part of the main code? How do I turn it on?

Thanks,
-thewade