[PD] flext + syncgrain~ problem

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Jan 23 01:23:20 CET 2005

Hi all,

Syncgrain~ must be the wierdest "external" to get running! There really
aren't any "installation" or usage instructions that come with it, but
from searching the archives I can see that it "just works [tm]" if you
have Flext installed with SndObj support.

Well, I have done exactly that, with pd-0.38-0test10 as the base, and
the [syncgrain~] object still fails to make.

I figured it was a problem finding Flext, so I added
"/usr/local/lib/pd/flext" to my /etc/ld.so.conf and ran "ldconfig" to no
avail.

So then I checked out the latest Flext version from CVS. I sucessfulyl
compiled and installed it, but that didn't help either. One thing I am
not sure about is how to make sure that SndObj support is enabled with
the new build system Thomas is using.

Incidentally, the "./bootstrap.sh" option for the build throws all kinds
of errors of this sort:

source/Makefile.am:82: warning: automake does not support conditional
definition of SRCS_FLEXT in libflext_pd_td_a_SOURCES
source/Makefile.am:96: invalid unused variable name:
`libflext_pd_td_a_LDFLAGS'

And no .configure file is generated, so I could not use it.

Is there anything else I can try to get this working?

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 36: