[PD] PDP: pdp_qt file open error

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Sun Jan 23 07:03:01 CET 2005

Hi all,

I started writing a patch on one computer using [pdp_qt] to read in a
.mov I created with transcode from an avi dv file. On the first computer
it works like a dream. I'm now trying to finish the patch on a second
computer, on which I just installed PD, PDP, PiDiP from CVS, except
PiDiP which is from Yves' site. The problem is that PDP complains that
the very same .mov file is not a qt file:

pdp_qt: opening ./ss2_sm.mov
pdp_qt: ERROR: not a quicktime file

while on the other computer, the same file gets:

pdp_qt: opening /mnt/xhd1/video/ss2_sm.mov
pdp_qt: video stream found (360x240 pixels, 30 fps, 46100 frames, mjpa
codec)
pdp_qt: audio stream found (2 channels, 48000 Hz, 73833856 samples,
chunksize 1601)
pdp_qt: using colormodel YUV422
pdp_qt: /mnt/xhd1/video/ss2_sm.mov opened

qtinfo yields this:

File ss2_sm.mov:
   1 audio tracks.
     2 channels, 16 bits, sample rate 48000, length 73833856 samples,
compressor ima4.
     supported.
   1 video tracks.
     360x240, depth 24, rate 29.970030, length 46100 frames, compressor
mjpa.
     supported.

I even tried recreating the file from the original movie on the second
computer using transcode, with no change. I've gotten every video codec
and quicktime looking package from apt (I'm on Debian SID), and
recompiled PDP and PiDiP. The two systems are almost identical, except
one is on 2.6.9 and the other on ..10, but that shouldn't have an affect.

What packages should I need to be able to open this mov? Mplayer opens
it fine on both systems...

Thanks for any advice you can offer,
Ian

--